Monday, July 18, 2011

Leg injury--not sure what it could be?

So, I am a runner and about 3 months ago I had to take some time off due to a fibula stress fracture in my right calf, so I took the adequate amount of time off and then slowly returned to running, only to end up with a pain in my tibia on the same leg. I self-diagnosed it as a stress fracture because I didn't/don't have the option of seeing a doctor. I've been away from running for 7 additional weeks to heal the tibial stress fracture and have only been cycling at the gym during that time. I don't plan to start running for another week, to give the supposed stress fracture the full 8 weeks to heal. However, I have noticed a weird pain in my right calf as of late. When I'm just walking around the house or something, it almost feels like my calf muscle is a bit loose or something, and, after going for a walk for about 15 minutes or so, it starts to have this dull achy kind of feeling, which usually goes away after resting for several minutes. I'm not sure that, if I did have a tibial stress fracture, this is just part of it, or if it is some kind of muscle strain or something that I could have gotten from cycling? Any information would be helpful, because I don't really have the option of going to see a doctor about it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment