Monday, July 18, 2011

Help with getting in shape?

Im a 19 year old male, 5'7", and I weighed 280 pounds. So far I have lost 50~ pounds and weigh about 232. I was wanting to build muscle as my brother gave me a weight set and shown me all the exercises to do (dead lifts, curls, rows, squats, press, and a few others). I usually lift between 30 minutes to an hour, then do 30-60 minutes of cardio. Should I be eating a lot of protein or be drinking protein shakes? I don't want to build a lot of muscle, more like tone what I have and lose more weight in the process. Anyone have any good tips, like if I should have protein, what powder or what foods (I currently eat chicken/turkey/eggs for protein, and how much a day should I have? Anything weight loss/toning related is helpful, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment